Subsea monitoring and control applications used by the science and energy industries require the dependable provision of data and power.
OSI has developed OceanHub, a subsea data hub that enables common oceanographic sensors to be connected to a submarine cable, providing communications and power for long-term, in-situ observations.
OSI’s OceanHub node combines proven components with common sensor packages, facilitating a rapid delivery and installation cycle. Consisting of a marine-grade aluminum frame, a panel with titanium connectors and pressure housings, the subsea node is operable to a depth of 3,000 meters, and features fully-managed industrial control devices with a web interface.
OSI’s OceanHub is compatible with telecom cables, umbilicals, or PBOF hose via Field Installable Termination. The subsea node features up to ten instrument connectors, one input power connector, one input fiber optic connector and one sea earth connector.
Click here to download the OceanHub specification sheet.
OSI is one of the only submarine network development and management organizations that has actively worked with subsea node technology. OSI understands the needs and challenges the industry faces in designing, deploying and operating subsea nodes.
OSI’s OceanHub combines OSI’s expert power and communications engineering resources, the fabrication skills and technologies of our affiliate SeaRobotics Corporation, and the marine sensor application and operations expertise of our sister company CSA Ocean Sciences.
- 10 instrument connectors
- 1 input power connector
- 1 input fiber optic connector
- 1 sea earth connector
- Telecom cables, umbilicals, or PBOF via Field Installable Termination
- 1,200 to 1,800 VDC at less than 0.5 Amps Optional constant current power at 1,020 mA
- 5 connectors with 24 VDC
- 5 connectors with 12 VDC
- 360 Watts maximum
- Other configurations upon request
- 4 connectors with 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and analog video
- 6 connectors with RS-232/RS-422 serial plus 0-5V or 4-20mA analog
- 2 x 1000BASE-ZX Fiber Optic Ethernet
- 2.4 m x 2.4 m x 1.93 m
- Weight in air: 1,160kg
- Weight in water: 680kg
- Frame: 6061-T6 marine grade aluminum
- Pressure housings: Titanium
- Connectors: Titanium
- Standard: 3,000m
- Optional: 1,000m (aluminum and steel housings)
- 25 year design life with 5-10 year refurbishment interval
- 50,000 hour MTBF
Control & Management
- Communications: Web interface and SNMP
- Power: Fully managed industrial control devices with web interface